Phone: 312.404.1471 Fax: 773.276.7074
Change does not create character, but reveals it. In today's ever evolving business world, change is often the only constant and managing change for vision, inspiration, and benefit is the key to success in any endeavor.
Twenty + years as an insurance and staffing industry executive have provided me with broad-based leadership experience and a verifiable record of accomplishments. As a strategic planner with a strong sales and marketing background, I apply total quality management focused on client fulfillment. Hallmarks of my leadership style include innovation, creativity, results orientation, an analytical acumen, solutions orientation, motivation, communication, training, coaching, and expertise in leading diverse groups with common goals.
Green Design Build/Green Outreach Consultant/Marketing Director 2004 - present
Dream Development, Inc.
GREENWORKS AWARD for Market Transformation – built 1st
Energy Star 3 flat in
· Published in Green Homes of the 21st Century, and numerous periodicals
· Resource for “green” energy sources / building materials / techniques / natural resources
· Grassroots & on-line marketing; “green” speaker, conferences, seminars, committees
· Oversee, plan, develop, implement website and outreach programs
Senior Vice President/National Sales Director, 2003 – 2004
Beitler Staffing Services, Inc. (BSSI), Chicago
· Strategic direction of service lines, geographic market selection and prioritization, business development, website/on-line branding and marketing
· Overall supervision and management of the field sales organization, including: Identification, recruitment, and hiring field staff, direct supervision of field sales management, contract negotiations, development of revenue objectives, review of initial business plan, and field organization profitability.
Senior Vice President/National Marketing Director, 1992 - 2003
Vice President/Regional Manager, 1989-1992
Resident Vice President, 1987-1989
Overload Systems (IOS),
· Develop / implement national sales, marketing, on-line and communications strategy
· Orchestrate creation of national market presence
· Negotiate national / regional contracts
· Coordinate national, regional, local sales and training efforts
· Enable local & national branches to target key accounts
· Create / produce local national marketing communications / national newsletter
· Oversee organization / scheduling of 150+ national, regional, and local conferences.
Malpractice Examiner, Interstate
Producer - All Lines, Great Lakes Agency, Chicago 1984 - 1986
Producer - All Lines, Robert Bland Agency, Chicago 1981 - 1983
Constant growth has been the hallmark of my tenure throughout the late 1980s and into 2004. Mega-deals include:
vendor status for all
· Implementation of new “sitter” program at University of Chicago Hospital
· Sinai Healthcare System
· Partnership with Southland Healthcare Forum and Metropolitan Healthcare Council
· Aon Master Vendor contract
negotiations with ACE,
· 100% Renewal of existing national contracts.
Over time these efforts have resulted in IOS revenues growing from $3.3 million in 1987, to $60 million in 1996, to $78 million in 2002. National accounts represented 49% of IOS' total revenue.
In the mid-nineties marketing efforts resulted in an 85% increase in temps on jobs nationwide; a survey of 29 clients resulted in local growth of 76%, from 198 to 348 local offices using temps from IOS.
BSSI’s sales and marketing efforts resulted in revenue growth of $0 to $700,000 in 6 months.
STRATEGIC PLANNING / IMPLEMENTATION ACCOMPLISHMENTS
· Establishment of headquarters and branch office internal Best Practices
· Designed Staffing Management Partner program to launch outsourcing efforts
· Creation of National Marketing Office as a sales and marketing resource for all national and international branches
· Development / refinement / distribution of National Client List as a marketing tool for increasing local and regional growth
· Development of pre / post- conference mailings / national marketing letters to develop contracts
· Development / implementation of promotional and advertising campaigns.
successful entrepreneurship requires the timely application of change management
for growth, profitability, and cost effectiveness. As a key member of BSSI’s
startup team I lead efforts to reach our goal of $100 million in revenues from
38 offices in 3 years. During my tenure at IOS, I exemplified this definition
with branch office growth from 3 to 58 locations in 15 years. I was personally
responsible for opening a majority of the offices east of the
CUSTOMER RELATIONS EXPERTISE
The very nature of successful
temporary and direct hire staffing requires high levels of perception and
sensitivity to customer needs. This aspect of my expertise accounted for an
increase in national accounts from 38 to 477 with a staff of 3 fulltime
employees. Conduct regular account reviews to maintain and grow business
resulting in a 39% increase in revenues in 4 years. BSSI’s strategic quality
foundation for continuous improvement with customers assured JCAHO compliance
and defined cost savings for our hospital partners. Grassroots marketing
efforts successfully established Wolbrink Architects as a leader in green,
eco-friendly, sustainable design and design build in the
Licensed Producer, Property, Casualty, Life & Health, 1980 - 2004
LEED AP – Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional
Green Builders: The Nuts and Bolts of LEED Contractor Training Program
USGBC – U.S. Green Building Council 2004 – Present / Chair - Residential Green Building Committee 2008 - present
Sierra Club 1991 – present
Audubon 1998 - present
ASA - American Staffing Association, Past President Committee, Health Services Committee
NAIW / CAIW
- National Association of Insurance Women /
Insurance Women 1987 - 2003
Openlands / TreeKeeper # 824 volunteer 2007 – present
Chicago Bird Collision Monitor volunteer 2007 - present
Little Brothers, Friends of the Elderly - PR / Marketing Committee, Driver, Companion, Cook 1991 – present
Green Environment - Sustainable Design / Construction / Educational Outreach
The Nature Conservancy / National Parks Conservation Association
Gardening / Trees
Sailing / PADI / CPR